Tuesday, August 10, 2010

This and That

My new toy arrived yesterday. I own an Accucut studio die cut machine. I purchased it before the "To Go" model was available. Now for the "new toy". It is a die that cuts 16, one and a half inch squares. I swap "Postage stamp" size squares. Each set has 50 different squares in it and we usually send 25 sets. That equals 1250 squares. This is my first time swapping. I could have used my rotary cutters but, I have so many scraps that it would be easier to use a die and cut 5-8 sets of 16 at one time. Here is the process:
Step 1
Step 2
Step3
Step 4
Step 5
25 sets finished
This didn't take more that 2 hours. What took the longest was deciding what fabric to cut. I have extras left over for me, so I will be getting 1250 from others. I am so excited. I need to do the same for a neutral group. 1250 more to go!

I have been working on cleaning my bedroom since my oldest is gone. I have done quite a bit. I will post before and after pictures. Yes I have taken the "Dirty" pictures before hand.
Ok here is one. (not the worse one.)
Upstairs #3
The wall in the back is mainly scrapbooking and papercrafts.
It has helped me to work on getting it cleaned by blogging it. It keeps me on track. I like showing my progress.
I need to go and sew. Have a good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment